GTW_VOTE_1200x675
Special Publications

Good Times Best Of Santa Cruz County Awards Ballot

Vote for your favorite local businesses, attractions, and more

You’ve arrived at the virtual voting booth of Good Times’ Best of Santa Cruz County Awards, where the pen, paper, and “I voted” sticker are all imaginary, but the results are the real thing.

CLICK HERE TO VOTE

Remember: Vote for a minimum of 25 categories to have your ballot counted.

Voting ends at midnight on Sunday, January 21, 2018.

Some guidelines:

1. We appreciate the creativity of local, independent business, and these are the businesses that Best Of celebrates. Therefore, we consider Think Local First guidelines when selecting winners: businesses that have majority ownership based in the counties of Santa Cruz, Monterey, Santa Clara or San Benito. We make an exception for chain stores that were founded in Santa Cruz County, and are proud to include them.

2. Votes for businesses with multiple locations are divided among the total number of locations.

3. There are a few categories in the food section that are so popular we offer a vote by city. Voters don’t always know where city lines are drawn, so we place the total votes according to where voters tend to ascribe them. For example, Pleasure Point winners are included in Capitola because most voters associate Pleasure Point with Capitola (it’s in Santa Cruz).

4. We reserve the right to eliminate a category with so few votes that it’s imprudent to assign “best” status.

It’s a privilege and an honor, this voting thing. And remember, you only get to vote once.The results will be announced on March 23 in our Best of Santa Cruz County issue. Thanks for playing!

If you are experiencing difficulties filling out the survey, email our Web Editor, Lily, at lily[at]goodtimes.sc for help.

32 Comments

32 Comments

1. Michele

January 20, 2018 at 8:37 pm

The survey is too long – couldn’t finish and just gave up.

2. Paul Kung

January 20, 2018 at 3:22 am

Very nice services! Highly recommended!

3. Garret Young

January 18, 2018 at 4:49 am

My vote goes to Santa Cruz Naturals they are always friendly, helpful, and have daily sales, #1 in my book!!

4. Rhan Wilson

January 17, 2018 at 4:50 pm

I had no problem with Chrome.
    I wonder what happened.
    Rhan

5. Jill

January 15, 2018 at 7:36 pm

Astounding Results, in Capitola, for facials and energy work! Sonni is amazing! Best esthetician! 🙂

6. joshua kobinski

January 14, 2018 at 2:01 am

I put my vote this year in for Santa Cruz Naturals. I have been really impressed with how knowledgeable their staff are. You get the feel of hands on management. Big shout out to D, Steve, Jennah, Beca, and Journee for being patient. I had a brain injury before so most of the time I struggle making basic decisions and just feel like crap about it. These amazing people provide a rush free feeling and very attentive to what you are looking for.

• Colin

January 15, 2018 at 7:44 pm

Joshua! Thank you SO much for your kind words and vote! We are honored and humbled.

I’ll be sure to share the kind words with the crew!

Much love and healing to you!

7. Nicola Balmain

January 5, 2018 at 9:06 pm

Dear Good Times Best of Team, I am a new transplant to SC county (18 months ago) and I absolutely love living among a community that is so supportive of local businesses! Its truly refreshing to be in an environment where everyone does really think local first. I have so enjoyed placing my votes and look forward to the results!

As a small local business owner myself, I wonder would you ever consider adding a Best Travel Provider category?

Nicola Balmain

8. dave

December 29, 2017 at 7:17 pm

I used their Service as a Patient and Customer Satisfaction is not their Priority once they have your MONEY! There are plenty of other shops in Santa Cruz that are very willing to help if there is a problem with a Product!

9. Alana

December 18, 2017 at 7:33 pm

Hey there! Thanks for doing the Best Of again! I received a Good Times newsletter that shows polls close January 14th, but can’t find when the polls close in the description above. Just wanted to point that out in case some people are planning to vote but didn’t get the newsletter with the deadline.

• Alana

December 19, 2017 at 1:19 am

Nevermind! I see it now in the graphic!

10. Hollis Snell

January 17, 2017 at 12:30 am

Salon Santa Cruz off 41st is one of the best Salon’s in SC with the best people to represent the business and Santa Cruz alike. The people cut, color, wax, facials, nails, and give eyelash extensions to name of few Of what the Salon has to offer. Doing so in a professional and fun environment making each client and guest feel important and look great! Thx!!!

11. Kasia

January 10, 2017 at 10:31 am

What about food trucks????

12. Kathleen

January 6, 2017 at 10:48 pm

I was at the airport is the best restaurant for having a great view and great food in Watsonville! Do you feel like you are somewhere else but don’t know where but don’t care because it is so relaxing ! The food is amazing and the wood-burning pizza oven is superb !

13. Jen Buell

January 6, 2017 at 9:06 pm

Hello,
    I’m a local business owner and am quite frustrated that there isn’t even a category listed that would allow someone to vote for us. We fall under both Health and Retail (Optometry) and would love to be able to participate in this. I contacted someone about this last year as well and am sad to see that it wasn’t addressed. Can we get that fixed?

Thanks! I know it’s difficult to think of every field but hopefully, eventually, all will be represented.

14. Walter barraclough

January 5, 2017 at 4:57 am

Just wanted to vote

• Lily Stoicheff

January 5, 2017 at 5:41 pm

Hi Walter, If you are experiencing difficulties filling out the survey, reach out to me at lily[at]goodtimes.sc and I’ll help you resolve them. Thanks! – Lily, Web Editor

15. TIghe

January 4, 2017 at 8:52 pm

Hey Lily,
    when I clicked through to start the survey it says bad error. I’m currently using safari. Let me know if you have any pointers for me.
    Thanks!

• Lily Stoicheff

January 4, 2017 at 9:00 pm

We are looking into it. Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention.

• Lily Stoicheff

January 4, 2017 at 9:13 pm

Hi Tighe, SurveyMonkey.com, the site that the Best Of Survey is hosted on, has received notifications from multiple users about issues with their site. They are working to resolve them. Please try the survey later. Thank you for your patience!

16. Mike

January 3, 2017 at 6:36 pm

Not working with Google Chrome. I thought this was 2017.

• Lily Stoicheff

January 3, 2017 at 8:18 pm

Hi Mike, Can you describe your issue a little more? The ballot is compatible with several different browsers, including Chrome. You can reach out to me directly at lily[at]goodtimes.sc. Thanks! – Lily, Web Editor

• Ashley Byrd

January 4, 2017 at 12:20 am

There’s no ballot just a space to add email
        Name and comment

• Lily Stoicheff

January 4, 2017 at 9:13 pm

Hi Ashley, SurveyMonkey.com, the site that the Best Of Survey is hosted on, has received notifications from multiple users about issues with their site. They are working to resolve them. Please try the survey later. Thank you for your patience!

17. john hunter

January 3, 2017 at 2:42 am

Not user friendly, bummer ..

18. John Epler

January 2, 2017 at 2:31 pm

Pure Pleasure on Cooper, Janis and Amy are the greatest

• Alika medeiros

December 27, 2017 at 9:58 pm

Agree ?

19. Brett

January 1, 2017 at 2:08 am

KindPeoples for best cannabis dispensary!

20. Nancy Hall

December 22, 2016 at 9:58 am

Don’t blame me! I did not vote for it!

21. Autumn Arreg

December 21, 2016 at 7:36 pm

Santa Cruz Hydroponics & Organics. Best garden supply and knowledgeable hydro store.

22. Regina

December 16, 2016 at 7:11 am

Love>hate

23. Tony Walker

December 16, 2016 at 12:56 am

This is not very intuitive!!