If there’s one thing we have learned this year—more than any other year that GT has published The Best Of Santa Cruz Readers’ Poll—is that you really want to have your voice heard. More of you showed up to log in your votes (see below). As a result, we find ourselves having produced our biggest Best of Santa Cruz edition ever. We’ve even added a new category for next year in our A&E section, thanks, in part, to the inspiration of the local guy who graces our cover this week (see page 100). So, dive in. And thanks for voting—and reading. —Greg Archer, Editor
Things To Know: More Than 6,000 The number of readers that voted.
Close Calls: The race for Best Adult Store was fierce. Who won—Camouflage or Pure Pleasure?
New Kids On The Block: See how The Abbey and Penny Ice Creamery captured your attention this year.The Big Cheese
Who nabbed Best Cheese Selection? Shopper’s Corner or Whole Foods?
Wheel Time: Epicenter Cycling or The Bicycle Trip? It was close, but only one of them won Best Bicycle Shop/Repair.
Best Theater Company: Move over Shakespeare Santa Cruz? It’s true. Read on …
Best of Santa Cruz County 2011 index:
– Best Shops in Santa Cruz >
– Best Food and Drink in Santa Cruz >
– Best Arts & Entertainment & Nightlife in Santa Cruz >
– Best Health and Fitness in Santa Cruz >
– Best Professionals in Santa Cruz >
– Best of the Rest in Santa Cruz >
– Critics Picks in Santa Cruz >
Feature: James Durbin >
Other Good Times items of interest:
– Music in Santa Cruz >
– Events in Santa Cruz >
– Dining in Santa Cruz >
– Community Calendar Santa Cruz >
– Visit Santa Cruz Guide >
– gtActive – Santa Cruz Activities Guide >
– Archives & Articles by Section / Author >
– Search Good Times >