Inquiring Minds Want to Know
I’m a beginning sewer, making totebags, pillowcases, and the occasional button up shirt (under enormous supervision from the lovely teachers at Judy’s Sewing Center in Capitola), and yet I’m already thinking down the road—what about sergers? What about dress forms? What will I be capable of making after taking a year’s worth of classes at my beloved local sewing store? (I’m four-and-a-half months in so far.) I’d love to get feedback from the seamstresses out there.
Here’s a list of questions, and if you’re so inclined to offer some advice, I’d be most grateful:
• What kind of serger do you use?
• What are your favorite projects to use a serger on?
• How much did you spend on your serger?
• How hard is it to learn how to use a serger?
• How did you choose which serger to buy?
• What functions are most important in a serger?
• How about dress forms?
• What brand dress form did you buy?
• How did you choose which dress form to purchase?
• What are the best features to look for when buying a dress form?
• What are some good resources to use for learning how to use a dress form?
• How in the world do you use a dress form?
• How do you use a dress form for making clothes for other people?
Obsessive Beauty thanks readers in advance for any feedback they might provide.