- Studio 831 is all about functional fitness. They focus on exercises that improve on and make more enjoyable the things in life you already do.
- Their CrossFit program can be tailored to everyone from beginners to longtime devotees.
- In addition to physical exercise, Studio 831 encourages and utilizes a network of strong social support to achieve fitness.
- They offer nutrition and weight-management counseling in order to take a holistic approach to optimal fitness.
- Studio 831â€™s staff pride themselves on having no pre-conceived notions about fitness, allowing clients to guide and acheive what they want from their individual processes. ANDREW STEINGRUBE
- Agile Monkey offers everything pilates, from individual to group classes, as well as instructor training and continuing education programs.
- It is family-owned-and-operated, and its 17 instructors often collaborate with other local medical and wellness practitioners.
- They seek to help clients find their â€œinner monkey,â€ which means using pilates to create a sense of freedom and power in the body.
- Pilates is all about balance: literally during its practice, and figuratively between strength and flexibility, body and mind.
- Before pilates was known as â€œpilates,â€ its inventor Joseph Pilates called it â€œcontrology.â€ AS
Best Sailing Charter
Chardonnay Sailing Charters
Started in 1984, they have been providing a sailing experience to the public in Santa Cruz for more than three decades.
- Both their first vessel (Chardonnay I) and their current vessel (Chardonnay II) were designed by celebrated yacht designer Bill Lee, whose nickname is â€œThe Wizard.â€
- Offer charters that (literally) cater to various types of food and drink enthusiasts, with everything from pizza and beer charters to ones that offer champagne and sushi.
- During April and May, Chardonnay offers whale-watching charters, with a naturalist on board.
- Private charters are available for occasions as varied as weddings, team-building exercises and straight-up recreation. AS
Best Acupuncture Clinic
Five Branches offers comprehensive acupuncture that can help with everything from the common cold to sports injuries, and many things in-between.
- It opened in1984,and was one of the first Traditional Chinese Medicine colleges in the U.S.
- In the beginning, Five Branches University was a single classroom and one clinic with three treatment rooms and five teachers.
- Its programs now include two campuses, 38 treatment rooms, and 200 teachers.
- In addition to acupuncture, Five Branches also offers services such as massage, Chinese herbs, qigong, and nutritional counseling. AS
200 7th Ave., #115, Santa Cruz
RUNNERS-UP Santa Cruz CORE Fitness & Rehab, Flux Acupuncture Lounge
Bicycle Trip Â
1001 Soquel Ave., Santa Cruz,
RUNNERS-UP Another Bike Shop, Cycle Works
543 Frederick St., Santa Cruz, 458-1940
RUNNERS-UP Dr. Duncan McCollum, Dr. Rhodes Walton
2351 Mission St., Santa Cruz, 469-3.959, santacruzstudio831.com
RUNNERS-UP Seabright Crossfit, Aptos Crossfit
9000 Soquel Ave. #202, Santa Cruz
RUNNERS-UP Karen L. Coslett, DDS, A. Gavin McClure, DDS
740 Front St., Santa Cruz
RUNNERS-UP Bruce Eisendorf, MD, Dean Kashino, MD
2840 Park Ave., Ste. A, Soquel, Santa Cruz,
RUNNERS-UP Tonya Fleck, ND; AimÃ©e Gould Shunney, ND
720 River St., Suite 5., Santa Cruz,
RUNNERS-UP Mara Charron @ Simply Skin, Veronica Franco @ La Raux Salon
401 Upper Park Road, Santa Cruz,
RUNNERS-UP Pasatiempo, Seascape
113 Lincoln St., Santa Cruz, 423-3764
1200 17th Ave., #108, Santa Cruz, 464-3764
6200 Soquel Drive, Aptos, 475-5979
2929 Mission St. Extension, Santa Cruz, 466-3764
269 Mount Hermon Road, Scotts Valley, 430-9200
RUNNERS-UP In-Shape, Pacific Edge Climbing Gym
4626 Soquel Drive, Soquel,
RUNNERS-UP Kaijin Mixed Martial Arts, Minorsan Self-Defense & Fitness
Medical Marijuana Club
3600 Soquel Ave., Santa Cruz,
RUNNERS-UP CannaCruz, C.H.A.I.
317 Potrero St., Suite C,Santa Cruz,
RUNNERS-UP Jenny Call, Vital Body Therapy
317 Portrero St., Santa Cruz, 425-9500, santacruzcore.com
RUNNERS-UP Jocelyn Dubin @ Nourish, Healthy Way
1773 Dominican Way, Santa Cruz,
RUNNERS-UP John A. Hedrick, North Coast Orthodontics
1440 41st Ave., Capitola, 479-1501
136 River St., Santa Cruz, 423-9555
RUNNERS-UP Down Works, Play It Again Sports
Jason Lenington @ Toadal Fitness
RUNNERS-UP John Crites @ World Gym Scotts Valley, Beau Jansen @ Santa Cruz CORE Fitness
1220 41st Ave., Capitola,
RUNNERS-UP New Leaf Community Markets, Staff of Life
Agile Monkey Â
121 Walnut Ave., Santa Cruz,
RUNNERS-UP Body in Motion, Pleasure Point Pilates
26 Rancho Del Mar, Aptos,
RUNNER-UP Santa Cruz Running Company Â
790 Mariner Park Way, Dock FF, Santa Cruz, 423-1213, chardonnay.com
RUNNERS-UP Oâ€™Neill Yacht Charters, Pacific Yachting Sailing
Scotts Valley Skypark
361 Kings Village Road, Scotts Valley
RUNNERS-UP Derby Skate Park, Monte Family Skate Park
1240 Soquel Ave., Santa Cruz,
RUNNERS-UP Boardroom, Skateworks
Helm of Sun Valley
1408 41st Ave., Santa Cruz,
RUNNERS-UP Pacific Wave, Play It Again Sports
Well Within Spa
417 Cedar St., Santa Cruz,
RUNNERS-UP Caress Day Spa, Chaminade Â Â Â
Well Within Spa
417 Cedar St., Santa Cruz,
RUNNER-UP Tea House Spa
4770 Soquel Drive, Soquel,
RUNNER-UP Outdoor World
2214 E. Cliff Drive, Santa Cruz,
RUNNERS-UP Covewater, Capitola Surf and Paddle
2350 Paul Minnie Ave., Santa Cruz,
RUNNERS-UP Richard Schmidt Surf School, Surf School Santa Cruz
RUNNERS-UP Freeline, Pacific Wave
RUNNERS-UP Cowell, Pleasure Point
303 Potrero St. #15, Santa Cruz,
RUNNERS-UP Seahorse Swim School, Simpkins Family Swim Center Â
555 Soquel Ave. #280, Santa Cruz,
111 Errett Circle, Santa Cruz
RUNNERS-UP Lena Axelsson, Linda Mastrangelo
RUNNERS-UP Laurie Broderick-Burr, Victor Dubin Â
1010 Center St., Santa Cruz, 325-2620,